Jambolou Doberman Pinschers
2-yr Congenital Health Guarantee and Purchase Agreement
Dog Sales Agreement & 2-yr Congenital Health Guarantee:
Breed: Doberman Pinscher Color: Black/Rust Red/Rust Blue/Rust Fawn/Rust
Sex: M / F D.O.B: _______/________/__________ Call name given __________________
This puppy is being purchased as a Companion/ Pet Purchase Price_____________________
Purchaser Agrees To The Following Conditions:
1. The Doberman is a purebred Doberman Pinscher, bred to the AKC Doberman standard.
2. The litter is
registered with the American Kennel Club and an individual AKC registration
form will be furnished to the buyer after the breeder has received payment in
3. To the best of the
Breeders knowledge, this Doberman is free of communicable diseases and at time
of sale the Doberman was in excellent health. The Doberman has received
appropriate medical inoculations and care based on a holistic medical approach.
4. JAMBOLOU BREEDER GUARANTEE – “Breeder Guarantee” is limited to congenital diseases ultimately leading to the death of the puppy prior to age of 2 yrs / 24 months. (Additional information about guarantee below) Cardiomyopathy is not covered by this guarantee as we are unable to discern why some Dobermans develop the disease and others don’t. Research is ongoing.
No one can guarantee genetics, but the Breeder guarantees that if your Doberman should be diagnosed with or die prematurely (before the age of 24 mo) from a congenitally caused problem documented by your vet, the Breeder will give you another puppy from the next available litter – the only cost will be to pay the cost of ear cropping. An autopsy to determine cause of un-explained death is required and at the cost of owner.
5. Buyer is advised to take the Doberman to a licensed veterinarian within 5 days after taking possession, for a post-purchase general health examination by their own veterinarian. If during this health exam the Doberman is found to have infectious diseases such as parvo, corona, or distemper (internal, external parasites, and kennel cough excluded) the Buyer must return the Doberman with the Veterinarian’s written certification as to the health problem.The breeder then agrees to refund the full purchase price upon return of the puppy (uninjured or harmed) and registration papers must be returned to the breeder. A refund will be given only upon receipt of the report from a licensed veterinarian. The breeder is not responsible for any veterinary expenses incurred.
6. Ear crops, docked tails, and dew claw removal are considered cosmetic and aesthetic and are not guaranteed by the breeder. This can take upwards of 6-9 months or longer and is the responsibility of the owner / co-owner of the dog. We will assist as best that we can for best possible end results by using our posting and maintenance methods. Diligence on the part of the owner will ultimately provide the best results.
7. Breeder Guarantee will not cover any diseases or death that are attributed to vaccinations or early alteration
- Un-recommended vaccines – giardia, lyme, leptospirosis, and corona. If your puppy dies before the age of 24 months un-explainably, we will require an autopsy at owner’s expense indicating the cause of death. No exceptions. If the death is deemed vaccine related (no matter the vaccine) we regretfully will not replace the puppy. Research is indicating that over-vaccination is resulting in un-explained deaths in cats and dogs. We highly recommend following a LIMITED VACCINE SCHEDULE which is provided in your puppy paperwork. Most vets do not follow this vaccine protocol. Titers are recommended to assess the level of immunity of puppy vaccines given and boosters avoided based on satisfactory immunity results. Titers are blood tests that examine the level of immunity to diseases in which they have already been immunized for. If their immunity level is sufficient, do not vaccinate.
- Over--vaccinating your pet can also cause some of the following: behavioral changes, auto-immune diseases, epilepsy, tumors at site of injections, organ failure, cancers, arthritis, brain and central nervous system damage, hypoparathyroidism, seizures, skin problems, Lupus, and many other devastating diseases.
- Early alteration is NOT recommended. Pediatric spay and neuters do not allow proper hormone production that will ultimately help protect their long-term health and avoid un-necessary diseases. Diseases such as cardiac tumors, bone cancer, prostate cancer, abnormal bone growth and development, higher rate of ACL ruptures, hip dysplasia, and incontinence are just a few studies have shown to be caused by early alteration. Be advised to wait until the puppy is at least 16 months of age before altering your puppy. This may mean going through 1-2 heat cycles with a female. Veterinary certification stating the puppy developed any terminal diseases must indicate suspect reason.
FURTHER, One or both parents have been tested for the following specific health concerns: Hips, Cardiomyopathy via DNA or Cardiac Auscultations, Vwd, Liver, Thyroid, and Kidney functions, as well as progressive retinal atrophy. Parental health results were deemed satisfactory and all considerations taken for this puppy’s breeding.
FURTHER, Buyers are admonished to limit the exposure of their new puppy to other dogs and outside high traffic dog areas until the puppy is at least 16 weeks old and has been given its third 3rd puppy vaccination.
FURTHER, This Doberman has been bred to the breed standard and for longevity as well as a healthy, sound, loving temperament, which should also be naturally protective of his family and home. We want your puppy to live a long healthy life, but you are a big part of this as well. Premium dog food, environmental stimulation, exercise, following a holistic approach to medical care are all recommended. If you wouldn’t feed it or give it to your child, why would you feed it or give it to your beloved pet???
FURTHER, Buyer agrees that this Doberman is NOT to be chained to a tree, neglected by such, or left unattended. This Doberman is being sold with the agreement that it is being placed with carefully screened parties and that Buyer PROMISED the Doberman would become a member of the family and reside indoors as a member of their family. Should puppy be removed by authorities due to neglect, breeder will take possession and retain custody of said dog. Any legal fees will be paid by the original owner, should situation lead to legal proceedings.
FURTHER, Breeder requires that a puppy sold on limited registration. Dogs that are sold as companion animals are NOTallowed to be bred and are sold on limited registry or with papers withheld. Limited registration precludes Buyer from showing Puppy in conformation breed shows and from registering any litters produced or sired by the Doberman. Limited registration does entitle Buyer to register the Doberman with AKC and attend sanctioned obedience, agility, rally, and freestyle events.
FURTHER, if buyer is unable to keep said puppy/ dog, it must be returned to the breeder in order to find a forever home. No monies will be refunded on puppy/ dog. Puppy is not to be turned over to a rescue or animal shelter if you cannot keep him/her. Contact breeder immediately to schedule return.
FURTHER, If said puppy on limited registration is bred, damages in the amount of $2,000 will be owed to the breeder. It is at the breeders discretion to withhold AKC registration papers until proof of spay/neuter has been completed.
Lastly, any court expenses shall be covered or reimbursed by buyer in the event of breach of contract and all jurisdictional proceedings by buyer or seller must be filed and held in the county of ADAMS COUNTY Pennsylvania.
Additional : Informational health brochures provided at time of delivery on doberman health issues, LIMITED VACCINE SCHEDULE, SPAY NEUTER REPROCUSSIONS, dog food samples if available, instructions on ear posting and ear care.
Please remember that I am only human. I do not have a crystal ball or any guarantees for the life your puppy will live.
Take care of them as you would a child, with nutrition, exercise, stimulation, and love.
Seller's Name Andrea L. Smeltzer / Jambolou Dobermans
Jambolou Puppy Reservation Form - updated 1/1/2018
- First and foremost…Please know that I reserve the right to keep any pick puppy out of any litter, continuing my line for future breeding and showing.
- Our puppies are $2,000 which includes tail docking, dew claw removal, 1st shots, wormings, vet exam, ear cropping, and 2 year congenital health guarantee. Natural eared puppies are the same price, no discount given.
- I require a NON-REFUNDABLE $250 “good faith deposit” to reserve a puppy from an upcoming breeding and is applied to the cost of the puppy and puppies are placed in order of customer deposit.
- Once a litter is born and I can provide a puppy, the balance of $1750 is due, which can be made in 2 payments. $875 due upon confirmation that a puppy is available at birth and then the remaining $875 would be due when the puppy turns 6 weeks old.
- IF we already have puppies available, ½ down is required. Balance due at 6 weeks of age.
- If there is only 1 puppy of the color/sex requested, that puppy goes to the #1 buyer on the list.
- Choosing your puppy (if applicable) is done at 6 weeks of age. We will make arrangements for you to come out in order of deposit. ***Balance owed on puppy is also due by 6 weeks of age.
- Cropping is done at approx 7 weeks as long as the vet is available and puppies can go home at 9 weeks. Natural eared puppies can go home at 8 weeks of age.
- I do my best to predict available puppy timeframe, however, we do ask for patience and flexibility. Mother Nature is in charge and we have to work with what she gives us.
- You may delay your purchase for up to 18 months from date of deposit, if necessary, due to a “life event.”
(IE: surgery, new house, moving, job, etc) After 18 months, deposit is forfeited.
- Puppies are sold with AKC limited registration only and breeding rights are not given.
- Microchipping is available for $25.00 with free registration in nationwide registry. Some customers do not want this done, so I offer it as an added, option if pets get lost or taken. Fee covers cost of microchip.
- Boarding is available if puppy cannot be picked up at 9 weeks of age at $15.00 per day.
Jambolou Dobermans/ Andrea Smeltzer reserves the right to refund /cancel any reservation up to date of sale, if a buyer cannot maintain good relations with the breeder or if she feels you are an inadequate home for one of her dogs. In the event of any dispute, the parties agree that legal jurisdiction shall be in Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA.
Address:______________________________________________City:_________________________________State:__________ Zip Code:____________________
E-Mail address: ____________________________________Cell # for photos __________________________
1st choice Gender/Color Preferred: M____ F____ Blk/Rust Red/Rust Blue/Rust Fawn/Rust
2nd choice Gender/Color Preferred: M_____ F ____ Blk/Rust Red/Rust Blue/Rust Fawn/Rust
_____No preference - take whatever gender/color is available
By signing this reservation form, I acknowledge that I have thought extremely hard about the responsibility of owning and purchasing a puppy, understand that the wait time could vary, and that my deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE for any reason.
Buyer Signature ________________________________________________________Date:__________